There are two categories of membership in the Society:
- Active Member is any person who:
- is a resident of Calgary or the surrounding communities
- has attained the age of eighteen (18) years;
- has paid the annual membership fee,
- demonstrates a willingness to honour, uphold and support the objectives of the Society;
- is active in the sport of dragon boat racing; or,
- has contributed to the annual Calgary Dragon Boat festival as a volunteer, sponsor or donor
- Associate Member is any person or organization who:
- is interested or active in the sport of dragon boat racing or the Calgary Dragon Boat festival
- demonstrates a willingness to honour, uphold and support the objectives of the Society.
Only Active Members have voting rights.
Conditions of Membership
- The membership year shall be from January 1 to December 31.
- Annual membership fees shall be determined by the Board and are payable within the membership year.
- Membership in the Society shall not be transferable.
- Membership in the Society, and all its rights and privileges, shall cease under the following circumstances:
- upon receipt of written notice of resignation to the Secretary from the Member;
- upon the Member being in default of paying the membership fees; or,
- upon the death of the Member.
- Any Member may be expelled from membership by reason of undertaking activities that violate the best interests and goals of the Society. Prior to the Board vote being taken, the Member proposed for expulsion shall be given fourteen (14) days written notice of the proposed expulsion and given an opportunity to explain or justify his/her position to the Board.
Society Membership Fees will be $5/member or $100/team.
CDBS Member Handbook & Safety Guidelines (PDF)